This is the twenty-fifth edition of the Transport Market Monitor. It outlines developments in European road transport rates and includes the figures of the third quarter of 2015.
- The price index decreased by 4.1% in Q3 2015, leading to an index of 100.6.
- In Q3 2015, the diesel index decreased by 5.4% to an index of 85.8. This is the lowest index value in six years.
- Despite the low diesel index, the price index remains on a high level. This is due to the low capacity index.
- The capacity index increased to 77.5 (14.4%). However, the capacity index in Q3 2015 was 10.5% lower than in Q3 2014 (index 86.6).
- When comparing to the index level of the previous year (index 99.4), Q3 2014, the price index is 1.2% higher.
These are the conclusions of the Transport Market Monitor by TRANSPOREON and Capgemini Consulting, a quarterly publication, which aims to track transport market dynamics.