The highly specialized oncology disease area continues to change at an unprecedented rate. This transformation is driven by multiple factors, including the pace of scientific and clinical advances driving the development of targeted therapies and companion diagnostic testing; increasing competition as new and established companies seek to create a niche in this complex area; and increasing market access challenges as payers take a more critical look at cancer treatment outcomes. Industry leaders in oncology are transforming their organizations to change how they work with customers and to set new expectations for executive management.
Capgemini Consulting offers our clients the opportunity to partner with a highly specialized group of management consultants, who know the complex oncology landscape, the underlying science, and what it takes to be successful in the marketplace.
Our Expertise and Unique Approach
Capgemini Consulting has a dedicated Oncology Unit to meet the unique needs of this highly-specialized therapeutic area. We work in direct partnership with senior management of Life Sciences industry oncology franchises.
Through our unique accelerators, Capgemini Consulting is positioned to provide advice in areas of high priority to our clients. These areas include:
- Portfolio optimization
- Clinical trial transformation
- Oncology product launch
- Market access and reimbursement
A key component of our innovative approach to the oncology business is the Capgemini Accelerated Solutions Environment (ASE), which successfully manages the complex scientific, business, and organizational issues unique to oncology to deliver actionable solutions in real time.
Track Record and Value Delivery
Capgemini Consulting helps oncology business franchises assess the market access readiness of their oncology pipeline drugs. In a few key examples of our work, we:
- Identified launch readiness gaps and created cross funtional initiatives to enable successful launch for a major oncology product and developed the commercial launch strategy for a chemotherapy product that became the standard of care
- Developed the marketing strategy for a major global oncology product
- Carried out the lifecycle management plan for an oncology product of a tier 1 pharmaceutical company
- Facilitated brand planning and franchise strategy development for a top tier oncology company in one of its leading therapeutic indications