In the last decade, the retail Utilities landscape has shifted from a cheap and abundant energy, provided by monopolistic companies to high energy prices, tight margins and fierce competition. Additionally, environment legislations (CO2 reduction, energy efficiency and renewable targets) have driven new topics into the current market agenda. Our experienced team of consultants helps retailers gain profitable new customers, whilst retaining their existing client portfolio through superior multi-channel service level, innovative offering developments and loyalty strategies.
Our Expertise and Unique Approach
Capgemini Consulting’s Energy, Utilities and Chemicals practice offers proven consulting instruments that review, align and improve energy retailers’ position. We focus on the following areas:
- Best practices in services, acquisition and marketing based on results from Capgemini Consulting’s annual Benchmarking Study for B2C clients
- Credit collection optimization
- Customer intelligence and market segmentation
- Growth in value added services around decentralized renewable and energy efficiency
- Customer segmentation approach
- Review and design of effective customer loyalty schemes
- Review and design of multichannel management strategy
- Adjustment of retail business models including Smart Energy instruments
- Customer IT strategy and data management
Track Record and Value Delivery
We offer our clients a deep knowledge base that draws from an experienced network of utilities consultants and experts in Marketing, Sales and Service and Finance Transformation. Our extensive track record includes significant projects for Top 30 energy retailers, and our annual multi-clients Cost to Serve, Cost to Acquire benchmarks which help identifying performance levers for energy retailers.