Digital Leadership

An interview with Manish Choksi, Head of Strategy and Chief Information Officer of Asian Paints

Asian Paints is the largest paint manufacturer in India, with US $1.6 billion in turnover. Around 80% of our business is in India and the remaining 20% is located internationally, distributed across 20 emerging and fast-developing countries. In India, which is the fastest growing coatings market in the world, we currently have a 40% market share in the decorative paints business. We also address the Industrial and the Project markets. In India, the company has about 120 warehouses and 10 coatings manufacturing plants. Around 20% of our products are manufactured by outside contractors.